Friday, February 4, 2011

CABIN FEVER!!!!

There is only so many days in a row I can stand to be inside all day, this week has me going stir crazy! In Texas we never have this kind of weather.  Matt has missed all week from school except last Monday.  Tuesday was a big storm with sleet and ice, the temperatures never got above freezing and early this morning and today it snowed about 5 to 7 inches! This has been a crazy winter.  I have missed work on Wednesday, Thursday, and  I will not be able to make it in tomorrow because it is still really bad outside.  The only good thing this week is we have all been able to spend time together which does not happen too often except on the weekends.  Brayden has been attached to Matt since he never really gets to see him during the week like he does me.

Today we all went outside and got to play in the snow.  We had a great time except when I was running away from the kid across the street, because we were having a snowball fight, and I totally almost busted.  There is a thick layer of ice under the snow that we got and I forgot and was running in the street and slipped but I did catch myself.  Brayden had a great time outside but he liked eating the snow the best and then he learned how to throw snowballs.  We went out again in the afternoon and built a snowman, well we attempted to build one, the one we made looks like a snow person...lol.  Both times coming in Brayden thew a fit because he wanted to stay outside even though his gloves were soaked and his lips were swollen from eating all the snow.  I told Matt that lots of women pay to get there lips to look like Bray's did.  So ladies just eat snow and freeze your lips, then they will swell up and be full...lol...j/k.  Hey, it is cheaper than injections!! This evening we were so ready to get out of the house, Matt decided that we would go out to eat.  We ended up at Dickey's since nothing else was really open.  On the plus side I did get to tan, I am surprised they were open.  The roads are still really bad and tonight they are just going to freeze again.  Hopefully tomorrow by late morning the sun will come out and melt this snow!! I need to get out of the house!  We need to go grocery shopping and I need to pick up my ring from the mall.  Hoping that the snow, ice, and sleet will stay away form here! I need to get back to work since I do not get paid for ice days.

Hope everyone is warm and safe!! Here are some pictures from today. (note: there are no pictures of me because I was wearing Matt's pants and they made me look horrible...lol)

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It's been a CRAZY week for us too!!! I still can't believe we were out of school for 4 days! I'm actually ready to go back LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I am ready to get back to work!! I can't believe that it is suppose to snow again on wednesday!

    ReplyDelete