Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break!!

We just got back a couple hours ago from our spring break trip to Big Spring Texas and we had a great time.  Matt's parents live there so we try go out there a couple times a year.  We left late Tuesday night after I got off work and got there about 1 am on Wednesday morning.  Bray slept the whole way there but once we got there he thought it was play time...lol.  He started playing in the garage with his John Deer tractor, then he went inside and wanted to play with all of his toys Grandma and Grandpa had bought him.  His favorite toy was his broom and his dust pan, and YES he LOVES to clean and he is obsessed with it!!!  So after unloading the car we finally got him to bed but he screamed for a long time before he finally fell asleep.

In the mornings Grandma and Grandpa would get Bray up when he was crying and he immediately wanted to go outside and play.  He did not want to come back inside ever!!  He loves being out in the country to play and see all the fun animals.  Matt's Grandpa owns a lot of land there and he has a ton of animals! I am talking buffalo, cows, emus, llamas, horses, goats, sheep you name it he probably has it or has had it at one point.  We went driving around the land on Thursday and Bray loved it!! He was not scared of anything. First we saw the cows and one poor cow had cactus stuck on his nose, it made me sad and I wanted to go take it out but of course they run from you.  We then got to see some horses, most of the horses are wild so they never get too close but there is one that was a race horse so he more tame.  He came right up to the truck and stuck his head in the window.  Bray went crazy saying "horsey" and he was trying to climb out the window to pet the horse, so he got to pet a horse for the first time.  There were some more horses that just had babies and one was still pregnant.  The babies were so stinkin cute! I claimed one that was light brown with white on its legs and a white star on the face.  I am hoping to be able to name it and everything since its mother is registered but with so many horses we have to identify the mother and choose a name that sticks with the registered name.  I love horses and wish that I had land so I could take the baby, o well at least I know I can go see it anytime.  Anywho after the horses we drove a round trying to find the buffalo and of course they were all the way at the other end of the land. When we got there we all got out to take some pictures and I thought Bray might be scared of them since they are so big ( I know I would be if I were his size), of course he wanted to run right up to them and play.  It was so funny, we drove a little more and found a ton of the bigger buffalo and Bray was running at them clapping his hands trying to get them run.  I kinda freaked for a second because he got too close for my comfort but we were always there with him and his Grandpa was right by him.  On the way back my father in law realized he dropped his phone by the buffalo so we had to go back, luckily we found it and it had landed perfectly on the ground out of the way of poo.  There was a circle around it, any closer and it would have been pooed!! lol

After that adventure we went back to the house to hang out and get ready for the day.  It was fun to see Bray this week because he was talking a lot more, but one bad thing is that he is starting to act out a lot! I need to get control over this because I know the terrible 2's are here!!  We thought it would be fun to take him to see some chickens, ducks, and rabbits at the Tractor Supply.  We got there and first thing he found was working gloves so of course he had to put those on, after that we went and saw the baby chicks.  He thought they were cool but he was too interested in those dang gloves.  They were all sold out of ducks and rabbits so we are going to take him to the one close to us so he can see them.

Matt's mom and I got our nails done and went shopping.  It was so nice to get out with my mother in law with out Bray.  I love him so much but I need that time away doing something fun.  I got some really cute yellowbox sandals!! She got me hooked on that brand, they are soooo cute and very comfortable.  On Friday we went to Hobbs New Mexico to visit Matt's Aunt and Uncle, Bray also got to meet his second cousin Destiny who is such a cutie.  He loved her so much and he was a big helper.  We did some shopping, visiting, and went out to eat.  We ended up getting back late so we put Bray straight to bed.  We then got up today and went to lunch before heading back home.  It is always so nice to go there and get out of the hustle and bustle of daily life.  Plus Bray loves spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa!!

Now it is back to reality; unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, and getting ready for the work week.  I am hoping that Bray and I get to feeling better.  I am having stupid allergies and he has a horrible cough that I will probably have to take him to the doctor for.  Oh and I have not had to worry about my doggies because my awesome mother wanted to keep them for me while we were away.  She loves to have them because they keep her company and she loves Tuffy!! He loves to snuggle with her and follow he everywhere.

Hop everyone had a good spring break!! Here are some more pictures from out trip, I had already shared some on my last post.  Enjoy!
OUCH!!


This is the retired racehorse 

This is the other baby horse!

This is the baby horse I claimed!
 I could not get a shot of  its face.

No comments:

Post a Comment