Monday, March 7, 2011

Busy weekend with a sick baby!

Well this weekend was suppose to be full of errands and getting things accomplished around the house but that all changed when Brayden decided to throw up all over me and the floor.  On Saturday he slept in until after 10:30 but we thought he was just tired from Friday because we were busy playing and running errands...WRONG!! That is when he decided to throw up everywhere, poor guy was so sick.  We ended up taking turns staying home since I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby and get some things for the living room since everything was 50% off, you cannot beat that!!  I ended up getting 4 wooden/tin shelves, picture frames, and some decorations for the shelves.  It was so fun shopping there, I wish I could have gotten more to redecorate the house.  I would go broke!!  After I got home Matt went to Lowe's and to Walmart to get some groceries.  Poor Brayden took about a 3 hour afternoon nap then went to bed really early.  He was very lethargic and wanted to be held which he never wants, it was so sad to see him so sick but I love to cuddle with him and that is what we got to do. During his nap we did get the shelves hung up on the walls now I just have to print some pictures to go in the picture frames.  My living room is completely decorated now which I love!!  On Sunday Bray woke up with a fever and still not feeling well, within an hour of him being up he went back down for a nap.  I talked to my mom and she thought that I should take him to see a doctor, so we signed up online to go to Care Now.  I am so glad they have the web check in so you do not have to wait there since it was a 2 hour wait.  When they called he was still asleep so we had to wake him up.  They did a strep and flu test and they both came back negative but the doctor was still concerned because his stomach was a little distended, he told me his belly hurt and since he had not really eaten since Friday he was wondering if something else was wrong.  So about 2 hours later, blood work, and x rays he diagnosed him with a throat infection and inflamed bronchial.  They sent out a culture from his throat to test it and they put him on amoxicillin.  Thankfully my mom was off today so she watched him so that he did not have to go to daycare and he seems much better.  On a good note we got Brayden's toy room cleaned up, his new shelving unit put together, and the closet cleaned out.  Getting that done brought my anxiety way down, who would have thought I have anxiety over cleaning and projects in the

This week is going to be a hectic week; I am working more which is hard when I have to pack, do laundry, clean the house, and every other million things I need to get done.  I will have all day tomorrow to get things done but then I wont have time until Saturday afternoon....I technically just have off Tuesday and Sunday, with a half day on Saturday...I know it doesn't sound that bad but I get exhausted so easily that by next Tuesday night I will be spent!  To help me with not having to drive home and turn around and go back to work Saturday I am going to spend the night at moms and I love doing that because we get to eat dinner together and have some girl time which we do not get to do much.  Any time I can get with my mom I will take it.  Brayden and Matt will get to have a boys night which they love.  It is going to be a busy week and beginning of next week but then its Spring Break!!!  WOOHOO!!!!

I guess that I should get to bed since I just seem to typing...goodnight!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment