Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New favorite song and how it relates to (my) life!

So...I just downloaded the new song by Pink, F**kin' Perfect (Sorry about the song title, but I like the clean version on the radio and she sings "less than perfect"), and I really like it!! It makes me think about how we may not be perfect in everyone's eyes but we are perfect in our own way.  We think too much about how society views us, we compare ourselves to everyone (models, actors, actresses, etc.), yet we are all different.

I have always had struggles in life dealing with certain issues that I believe everyone has struggled with at least once in their life.  Can anyone guess?? I have had trouble with my self image since high school, and to this day I still struggle.  I wish I could be happy with how I look but I find myself obsessed with what I look like and my weight.  Don't get me wrong, through the years I have learned to deal with it so it is not as bad as it used to be but I hate that it still affects my life.   Why can't I just wake up in the morning get dressed and like the way I look?  Why do I have to obsess about what I look like when I go to my husbands sporting events or see his co workers?? I think I care TOO much, I don't want them to think that I am fat and ugly?? Sound crazy?? Ya I think I do!!  I hope that since my self image has started to get better that I can overcome my issues one day but until then I try to take it one day at a time and realize I have a great life and family.  My life is more than the way I look, I am blessed to be here, have a great son, wonderful husband, great family and friends. Why dwell on that when others may have a harder life than I do.  I have to think of everything positive and not be so negative.  I have a job, some wake up every day wondering how to pay rent or how they are going to buy groceries.  Life is more than looks!!

I know others are going through or have gone through this before so I thought that I would put my thoughts out there.  Thank you if you took the time to read this, it means a lot and I am hoping this is one way to get it out and grow from it.

If you are interested here is her song, if you like it you can download it on Itunes, or Amazon: (It is the clean version, but be aware there may be a link to the real song and it may have the real title)

2 comments:

  1. Thats a great song! I think as women we can all relate! There does become a time when we realize, awh....I have the rest of my life ahead of me to be pretty, skinny, perfectly perfect what ever that is! :) As I've gotten older I 've realized theres a big difference in feeling pretty, secure and being happy with what we were given, life is too short to worry about the looks, when we are dead and gone no ones gonna care I wore a size 2 or that I had a tan or whitened teeth! haha Dont get me wrong I like to look and feel pretty but as time goes on, it is what it is and it really is whats on the inside that counts that can make someone more beautiful than someone on Top Model! :) Your doing great mama, you look great, your happy and that is what REALLY matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shannon!! Life is too short to worry about all that! Im hoping I can say that every day and realize its about more than looks.

    ReplyDelete